Started Apr 27, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
veteran35th
Contributing MemberPosts: 709
Like?
Venice with 2 lenses
Apr 27, 2011

Just got back from 4 nights in Venice. Took the D90 and 2 lenses : 16-85mm and 35mm f/1.8. Never felt that I needed another lens, but I wanted to not worry about raising the ISO over 1000 - a D700 would have been nice. I had an 8G card in the camera and a spare 4G. I took over 400 photos and got rid of a few each night. Most museums and churches or residences don't let you take photos, so I didn't but lots of people did. Quite a few people carry around a tripod for night shots, but I never felt the need. I probably didn't do much night shooting compared to others. I never felt that a wider angle was needed either.

Easy to see the camera market, lots more Canon than Nikon, but there was the Sony and Pentax users as well. I got the impression that most used their kit lenses. I did glance some very high end kit : a D3X with the 24mm f/1.4 visited the Doge's Palace just in front of me. A few Canon 1Ds and 5Ds as well but I'm not sure what mark.

I took photos of quite a few people with their cameras for them, couples on the bridges and in St. Mark's etc. These newer P&S models are good. A few had rear curtain sync setup so that even with a flash at night, they got the background in nicely. Very impressive. I'd love to know how many photos are taken daily in Venice.

Its a must visit place, not just for photographers. Careful of the tourist traps though.

rgs,

Matt

P.S. Photos are uploading, might link to them later.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow