Zeiss 2.8/35mm C + 2.8/25mm ZM Shots

Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Alupang
Senior MemberPosts: 2,560
Like?
Re: More please?
In reply to headofdestiny, Apr 27, 2011

headofdestiny wrote:

The ZM 25 is certainly better with color shift than just about any other rangefinder lens under 30mm. However, it does still exist, and it seems obvious to me in this last pic. I could care less about whether it does or doesn't have purple shift, but it should be mentioned, so that new buyers that will see it know that the shift exists before they spend the money.

Is your monitor calibrated??

Honestly I've always been a bit color blind--it's hard for me to distinguish subtle shades of some colors. But I DO clearly see purple shift in those shots with the VC 25...very obvious to me. My monitor/windows is correctly setup for the model Samsung I use so that can't be it. Stange that I cannot see what you claim to see.

I think it boils down to what you call "certainly better" amounts of shift = my older eyes simply cannot detect very small amounts like that? I'm guessing the ZM 25 on the Leica M9 would produce a slight shift too, and I wouldn't be able to detect that either.

I'm planning to buy the Zeiss 24/1.7 too btw. I wonder if that lens can match the ZM25's resolution and contrast. Which lens would you rather have if the 1.7 turns out to have less sharpness and contrast?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow