Fujifilm, 8th in market share and *Dropping*

Started Apr 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Fujifilm, 8th in market share and *Dropping*
In reply to Tams, Apr 27, 2011

Tams wrote:

Improved market share should not necessarily mean better products. In fact it would probably be easier to produce cheap, not so good products and sell lots of them ( cough iPods cough ) than producing anything that impressive.

I do wish you wouldn't be so negative. I'm not going to wish ill on Fujifilm, as where else would I be able to get film?!

First off, iPods are utterly fantastic products. My iPods have absolutely enriched my life. I used to carry around CD's to listen to in the car or walking around. Just a few CD's were all that I had on hand usually. Now I carry around hundreds and hundreds of CD's. I can listen to whatever music I like, when I want to. Thank you APPLE!

Second, I agree, market share means nothing in many contexts. Apple is a good example. They have at most, 5% of the world market share smart phones (yet make over 90% of ALL smart phone profit).

However, the decline of Fuji's market share is most certainly an indicator of how lackluster their cameras are. From a top 3 company to 8th place and still falling?? How do you explain that?

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow