ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
m4/3 not so compact compared to nex & nx
Apr 26, 2011

i just came across this website:

http://www.seriouscompacts.com/f41/mirrorless-camera-size-comparison-nex5-nx10-e-p2-e-pl1-gf1-g2-295/

I've seen the nex & nx before in real life, but never did a side by side comparison...they are small even with lenses too (unlike what everyone says)! and although I do find nex & nx much uglier than a GH2 or EPL2, I'm afraid they do make m4/3 cameras seem unnecessarily large considering the smaller m4/3 sensors.

not that I'm going to switch over or anything (I think any of these cameras are good and small enough) but it does keep me wondering why sony or samsung aren't heavily investing into these very potential systems. In theory & CP value it seems like they have all the qualities to squash m4/3 (sony with smaller size + better sensor and nx basically a viewfinder version of GF/PEN), but are just less developed in terms of lens selection an whatnot...and perhaps the only reason why m4/3 is still in the battle?

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow