good lenses mix ?
Apr 26, 2011

Hey there

as you may know i have got the d7k

now here's my lenses 'plan'

i have

• 35mm 1.8 (indoor-lowlight)

it's coming

• 70-300 VR ( birds, animals and not too huge or expensive )

equiv. 105-450mm (dx)

and i'm planning (2-3 months)

• 24-70 2.8 * (for walkabout of quality with an acceptable 'basic' reach)

equiv. 36-105mm (dx)

• i do NOT plan to make any other aquirings in the next future (2-3 years) unless i win the lottery,

• i doubt im going to get something BIGGER than the 70-300 (possibly for at least 5-8 years) -getting older and used to everything i might change idea but it's not the case yet

• i'm not that fan (yet) of fisheyes or widewidewide (so at least for my current interests i don't mind)

i do like macros but possibly having a baby soon i doubt my time walking in the wild shooting at flowers and bees will be that much (like before...) the kid shall grow up and get independant (and me older with maybe some more time...) - or maybe the opposite... havent been father yet -

Why the 24-70 (i want to spend good money on THE lens which ill probably use the most, (one and one only big expense, no big expenses in teles or wides etc)

nikon : i'd like to stay whithin the brand.

back to the question, do you think this is a well assorted set ?
(35mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-300 VR)

ty

Mau D7000's gear list:Mau D7000's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow