Started Apr 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kayfras
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Pentax k-5 vs Canon 60D IMAGE QUALITY CONCERN
Apr 25, 2011

I've had the chance to experiment with both of these cameras and cannot make the decision between the two, i conducted a trial between the cameras. At f5.6 ISO 200 on manual i took each photo, without a tripod, and compared the photos. (please note that these photos remain unedited, shot in jpeg format.) I am aware that they are taken at different angles but you get where i am coming from. To me, the canon 60D produces the most true-to-life image with vibrant colours, whereas the pentax k-5 lacks in true life imagery but has more luscious colours.

In you're opinion, which photo is better? I appreciate the specs of the k-5 more than the 60D but i am really looking for a clear crisp perfect portrait shot as well as striking landscape photography.

Without being buyist, please give me your opinion!! Yours will most likely highly influence my decision!

ps ive spoken to the techs at my local photography store for hours about this and they are pushing me towards pentax for reasons such as this " if you dont want to follow the status quo and you want to be your own photographer you should go with pentax!" (keep in mind that they have 3x as much stock of the k-5 than they do of the 60D........
thanks.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow