should the m43 be given its own name before it is largely phased out?

Started Apr 24, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nonphotography
Regular MemberPosts: 118
Like?
should the m43 be given its own name before it is largely phased out?
Apr 24, 2011

I say yes. It should be renamed before APS-c sensors in small form put it on the same flight path as the Dodo bird. I know that such naming conventions are not supported but, if time is to be expended ruminating about what all mirrorless with exchangeable lenses models should be referred to as, well, might as well take the excercise one more level.

I have owned ep-1, G-1, G-2, GF-1, GH-1 so this is not about bashing the m43 sensor, rathing owing to the reality that we are just at the start of the APS-c revolution and the m43 isn't, nor is it making much progress, save for the GH2 sensored model that goes a bit further up the ISO scale with decent dynamic range...still though, not better than any of the latest Sony sensored cameras.

The GF-2 could provide part of the answer because, even with it's lack of progress over GF-1 in IQ regard, it is far superior to any advanced compact. This leads me to my contribution:

m43, the 'mirrorless advanced compact'

-- hide signature --

"Contrary to some thinking, the best camera is the next one you want"

Joe
a nonphotography photographer

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow