NEX-3 or LX5 - Festivals, gigs and video

Started Apr 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
rude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,218Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX-3 or LX5 - Festivals, gigs and video
In reply to kaizr, Apr 23, 2011

low lite and video was good on both. you might as well chose a brand/model that kind of specializes and has experience in both stills and video like sony. r

kaizr wrote:

I am determined to buy a new camera within the next week.

I go to gigs and festivals and will be taking shots in low light and will also be taking video.

Coming from P&S use, I had my mind made up to purchase an LX5 for £330, thinking this will be more than adequate for my uses and will help me progress with learning basic photography, plus, I was also very impressed with the video capabilities of gigs on Youtube.

Now today I noticed that I can buy the NEX-3 with the twin lens kit for £380, which will be great for still photography, however, the only thing putting me off the NEX is the audio quality for taking video at gigs - buying the external mic for the NEX and I may as well buy a GH1.

I want something fairly compact, so an entry level DSLR is out of the question, and I can't afford the GF2 (plus the low light capability won't be much of an improvement, if any, on the LX5).

Can anyone help me with my dilemma and make a suggestion as to which I should go for?

Thanks

rude's gear list:rude's gear list
Olympus E-10 Olympus Stylus Tough 8000 Samsung TL500 Olympus TG-820 iHS Canon EOS 10D +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow