4/17/2011 Weekly Landscape Show & Tell

Started Apr 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Just for fun
In reply to fredlord, Apr 23, 2011

fredlord wrote:

Ben: I don't imagine the LCD monitor will be coming soon. When it does, I'll give you my impressions. I'm trying out the new 70-200L IS f/2.8 II lens and 1.4X TC III in June. I bought the new 2X TC III after trying one in Texas. That one is definitely better than the old one. We'll see how it does with the new 70-200 because it isn't terribly good with my MK I version. With the 500, it's spectacular.

We head over to Moab several times a year and keep our travel trailer stored there. It's a fun place in spring and fall. If you're going to be in the area, you should join the Rocky Mountain Outdoor Writers and Photographers organization. They do annual conferences all over the western states. This year it's in Capitol Reef National Monument. Last year it was in Yellowstone, and the year before Zion. It's a pretty informal group and not really competitive but more friendly.

Fred

Thanks for the tip, I will check it out. In the span between my first post this morning and this which was a couple hours, I was at Peone Prairie a local wetlands which I am going to miss. I got a couple hundered shots of YHBB, RWBB and swallows. Downloading as I write.

-- hide signature --

When you can't focus, nothing else matters
Once you can, everything else does.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow