NEX-7 for $1,300?

Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
aman74
Senior MemberPosts: 2,786
Like?
Re: 24mp DX or FX sensor
In reply to gfrensen, Apr 23, 2011

gfrensen wrote:

I agree that mirrorless is the future. I don't think DSLR type of cameras will dissapear totaly, but the mirrorless will take over the front row.

The question if the e-mount is capable of housing a FF chip is something that I don't know. Maybe it can fit behind the mount, but will a FF lens be capable of give enough light on the edges with this small flange distance?

I don't think the Nex will get IIS ever. It would be strange, Sony will have to build lenses with and without ILIS for the Nex, I don't think that is going tto happen.

They already do build lenses with and without it. Are you trying to say they would have 2 have 2 versions of the same lens?

I see no reason the camera couldn't have IBIS as well. If the lens your using has optical then you simply wouldn't turn on the in camera option.

Why don't you think the DSLR could disappear? It certainly could for Sony. If they aren't going to use an OVF and on sensor PDAF works there would be zero reason for them to have a mirrored camara.

Not sure if FF is 100 percent possible for E-Mount. I though Sony said it was? If not, then they really blew that one as it seems their own business model is pushing towards going more and more mirrorless. SLT seems like a stop gap.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow