Looks like I'm gonna have two soon. Wow!

Started Apr 23, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mashuga
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?
Looks like I'm gonna have two soon. Wow!
Apr 23, 2011

I'm pretty excited and unexpectedly so. My trusty 5D went down about two weeks ago with a complete loss of LCD screen and other strange kinds of (software) I’m guessing issues. Ex: exposure compensation would just change to the far extreme right for no apparent reason. Blown out whites. Unusable image. The timer would be selected off and on at the cameras own whim. The view after taking a photo would only be on when the camera felt like it, and on and own. Many small quirky issues. Yes I did all the resets and default resets tried every trick I know. The straw that did it was the LCD going black. Nothing my local camera dealer or I could do, to get it going again. Packed up and shipped to Canon repair. I figured it was toast and if not would be a big dollar repair. Rhymes with despair. In the meantime I was given a 30D loaner and that at least was a good for my mental health fix. Not a bad camera. It felt real comfortable. I moped about my loss and just couldn’t take it so I marched down to my friendly camera and told him to order me 5D MkII. Told my wife and thought what the hell. If Canon can do something with my old faithful great, but not expected at that point. A 5D MkII had just been a pipe dream. Well I still don’t know what the problems were with the 5D, but the dealer called and said he heard back from Canon that they can fix my 5D for a reasonable $150, and my Mark II has come in to my dealer, although I’m waiting till all the accessories are at the dealers, so I can go plink down my cash all at once and be in 5d Nirvana. The thoughts of what I can do now make me giddy. Life is good. You can never have enough cameras or lens. It’s been great sitting here reading the forum. Regards from a Canon obsessive compulsive.

You can see some of my work at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mashuga/
And
http://www.pbase.com/mashuga

-- hide signature --

Mashuga

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow