Zeiss 2.8/35mm C + 2.8/25mm ZM Shots

Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,664
Like?
Re: Zeiss 2.8/35mm C + 2.8/25mm ZM Shots
In reply to Alupang, Apr 23, 2011

Alupang wrote:

The M 8.2 is 1.33 crop though...that's significantly better than Nex 1.5 crop. But the camera has issues...and like I said I might buy one only if I could get a brand new one for under $2000. I'm assuming Leica ironed out M8's realibility issues with the M8.2?...didn't the M8 have shutter problems too? I read about M8 users sending their cameras in for repairs...

But I agree... skip it all and wait patiently for the M9 to come down to earth. Perhaps Canon or Nikon will pull their heads out and deliver something that blows everything away...who knows.

Until then, I'm really enjoying the Nex-3 and Zeiss glass. I will sell my 16mm on eBay reducing the cost of the Nex body to about $320...cheap fun.

Both the M* and M9 sure have "issues". I have a well heeled friend who has both these cameras. He gave up on the M8, got the M9 and then lost ot for several weeks back to Leica to have the sensor replaced. Mind you, some of the shots he got first looked great. But I'd have to agree that I don't think the electronics are up to the lenses.
--
Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow