Sony will be king of cameras pretty soon...

Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,635
Like?
Re: They all are electronic companies.
In reply to r1chm, Apr 23, 2011

r1chm wrote:

Maybe you would not consider Canon an electronic company, I guess it depends on your definition. Really the only one that might not be an electronic company is Kodak but they own the patents to electronic photogrphy so I believe every other company pays royalties to them so I don't see the going away soon, they may not make cameras but every digital camera made pays royalties to them.

If you had seen my previous post on this, I looked at the emerging/likely alliances between electronics and traditional camera companies. I suggested that Canon was the one trad camera company that might have the electronics/optical base to avoid eventual amalgamation or takeover. I have no idea what level of royalties are paid to Kodak. It might keep the company viable, but they are no longer a force in photography. The Kodak name, outside the USA at least, is no longer a valuable brand. Samsung uses some of their lenses and I think Leica use a sensor from them but neither make a point of promoting the product by trumpeting this fact. You'd have to bet on Panasonic being the eventual electronic partner with Leica .

Mike Fewster wrote:

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow