Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
headofdestiny
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,179
Like?
Re: More please?
In reply to Alupang, Apr 22, 2011

Alupang wrote:

maxuci wrote:

I was initially swayed from the 35/2 by the report of bad vingetting when wide open here:
http://www.photozone.de/sony-alpha-aps-c-lens-tests/555-zeisszm35f2nex

The 35/2.8 doesnt seem to have this issue. Then i liked that the 35/2.8 was smaller and the sharpness and bokeh i've seen in samples has been A++.

That same site also shows the Zeiss 35/2 @f2 outperforming the Leica Summarit-M f2.5 50mm @f/2.5 in border resolution. I would be happy with any of these fine lenses so for me, it all boils down to size VS speed VS price. Is 1 stop worth the increase in size and weight and slightly higher price?

What's the price delta between Leica 35/2 & 35/2.5? The Zeiss 35/2 is a steal.

Another thing to consider is that, due to angle light rays interacting with a digital sensor, EV differences aren't usually linear when you get faster than f2.8 or so. ie, you may only get something like a .5 or .7 EV advantage with the f2 version over the f2.8. Of course, it just depends on the lens, so you'd need to test it out. If you're ok with Summicron 35 pre-asph performance, the Contax G 35 is another option (they're very similar in design and mtf.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow