Started Apr 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kaizr
Forum MemberPosts: 88
Like?
If price was approx the same - LX5 or NEX-3 Twin Lens Kit - Gigs and festivals
Apr 22, 2011

I am determined to buy a new camera within the next week.

I go to gigs and festivals and will be taking shots in low light and will also be taking video.

Coming from P&S background, I had my mind made up to purchase an LX5 for £330, thinking this will be more than adequate for my uses and will help me progress with learning basic photography, plus, I was also very impressed with the video capabilities of gigs on Youtube.

Now today I noticed that I can buy the NEX-3 with the twin lens kit for £380, which will be great for still photography, however, the only thing putting me off the NEX is the audio quality for taking video at gigs (cannot handle bass very well). If I also purchased the external mic for the NEX, I may as well buy a GH1.

I want something fairly compact, so an entry level DSLR is out of the question, and I can't afford a GF2 (plus the low light capability probably won't be much of an improvement, if any, on the LX5).

Can anyone help me with my dilemma and make a suggestion as to which I should go for? I don't want to buy the LX5 thinking I could have got a lot more bang for my buck if I shelled out the extra £50 for the NEX.

Thanks in advance

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow