DxO data up for D5100

Started Apr 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
Polyglot92
Senior MemberPosts: 1,465
Like?
Re: same sensor and raw engine as d7k
In reply to linetest, Apr 22, 2011

linetest wrote:

From what I've been reading here, the articulating screen on the D5100 makes it entry level. The fixed screen on the D700 makes it a much more serious camera. I'm not sure why there is such resistance when it comes to rear display that moves.

D7000 you mean. People will find all kinds of reasons to justify their purchase and denigrate models with features they don't have although they paid more. Anyone thinking in terms of "entry level" at that level has got it all wrong anyway. The only serious reason to dislike current articulated screens on Nikons is that they are either smaller (too small for some) or require to move buttons from the left rear to unusual places. And I'll take those who are scared of the articulated screen breaking seriously the moment they call for the removal of the "entry level", fragile popup flash, too...
--

D5000 - Nikkor AF-S DX 18-105mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR - Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G - Nikkor AF-S 70-300mm VR - Canon PowerShot S3

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LinkNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow