Started Apr 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Logan Nolag
Regular MemberPosts: 265
Like?
D7000/Nikon Quality Control Issues
Apr 22, 2011

I recently purchased a D7000 to replace my aging D50. So far I am extremely happy with the performance of the camera but Nikon's quality control is embarrassing.

The first camera I purchased had a lot of dust on the sensor straight out of the box. I took it back and exchanged it for a new one.

The second camera seemed perfect at first. The sensor was clean, there were no bright pixels on the sensor or rear LCD, and there were no focus issues. Of course now that I am outside the return window I noticed an annoying defect. There is what seems to be a bright pixel on the LCD display inside the viewfinder.

At first I thought it was might just be how they all are but after comparing mine to several other D7000s I now know it is not normal. I do not know if it was bright from day one because it is only noticeable in bright light when the viewfinder display automatically brightens but I suspect that it has always been there.

I called Nikon support and they informed me that they could fix the problem but I think it is ridiculous that I have to send a brand new camera in to service less than a month after I bought it.

Nikon has always been renowned for their quality but two defective cameras in a row does not seem to fit with their reputation.

I feel that when I spend more than 1000 dollars on an item I expect a bit more than good enough.

Has anybody else noticed anything like this or do I just have terrible luck.

In case anybody wonders the bright pixel is located below and slightly to the right of the plus sign in the exposure meter.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow