Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Naylor
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
My 7D dies some times
Apr 20, 2011

I've had my 7D for a month and a half, and this has happened to me about five times now.

The camera "dies" for no obvious reason, and behaves as if the batteries were flat. The power switch does nothing, the displays are both blank (off). The only way to get it going again is to pull both batteries out of the battery grip and push them in again.

I'm writing this to see if anyone else has had the same problem, and if so, if you've found a solution.

I know Canon have just released firmware 1.2.5, but the list of fixes doesn't really hint at this problem having been fixed. I'll give it a try all the same, but haven't got round to it yet.

I'm guessing the battery grip could be one source of error. I can't remember if this has happened when I wasn't using the grip though. I usually keep the grip on.

David Naylor's gear list:David Naylor's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow