Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
headofdestiny
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,179
Like?
Re: Zeiss 2.8/35mm C + 2.8/25mm ZM Shots
In reply to Alupang, Apr 20, 2011

Alupang wrote:

headofdestiny wrote:

So, mounting a 35mm lens on an M8 gives you a nearly 47mm equivalent, versus a 52mm equivalent on NEX. Will that affect your shooting that much?

Not so much with my (our) 35mm C, but with the 25mm, going from 37.5mm to 33.25mm is pretty significant to me. 28mm is my favorite focal length. 33 is getting there...38 is not.

IMO, the only real reason you should consider an M8 or M8.2 is if you're just dying to use a rangefinder focusing system. Field of view and IQ wise, I'm not so sure if it's worth it (I've been having my own debate about this, as well.)

Well yeah, that's the point...to be able to focus through clear glass @ eye level with an all metal Leica would be nice...

That said, waist level with the Nex is actually better suited for my use.

p.s. you'll also have to deal with using IR filters with the M8.

Perhaps the deal-breaker yes. So I'm waitiing for M9.

I hear ya. Wider angle is still tough on the NEX. Your ZM 25 looks good, but I've still seen purple shift in the corners in some scenes form others.

Do you have the Sony 16mm? If you crop to about 12MP, it gives you around a 28mm field of view, and it conveniently chops off the most extreme corners, which is the problem area with that lens.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow