NEX-7 for $1,300?

Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 13,239
Like?
Re: Depends...
In reply to headofdestiny, Apr 20, 2011

headofdestiny wrote:

Either way, I can't imagine that Sony would launch this supposed NEX-7 without also releasing the 24, 30 macro, 50 and 55-200 that they're expected to launch this year, and that's an acceptable lineup for many.

I think that those lenses alongside firm specs of the 2012 lenses ... the G zoom and the mid tele ... might do it.

For me, either the IQ of the NEX-7 will have to be dramatically better, or the EVF tech will have to outrageously good for me to jump from the NEX-5. I really don't want a bigger camera, because that's why I switched from my A900 in the first place, and my nexviewer contraption has erased my interest in bulky EVFs using the current EVF tech that we've seen.

I could conceivable be interested in migrating most of my DSLR shooting to NEX if the camera were substantially improved in the way of handling and AF performance for handheld shooting in situations where I have to react quickly. A NEX-7 might be that type of camera. (The NEX-5 is not ... the IQ is very nice, but it won't handle some of my shooting needs). I'd end up with a DSLR primarily for use with a 70-200/2.8. But my NEX-5 experience versus the responsiveness of my A700 makes me wary of that possibility.

• Dennis

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow