Started Apr 20, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,212
Like?
F550 Landscape.
Apr 20, 2011

Went to my local test ground today to see how the 550 performed and again its failed. I don't know if my lens is any worse than the others out there but its totally unacceptable to me so its time to say goodbye to the F550.

I shot this in Size M 4:3 DR400% wide open for all you that keep going on about diffraction. I can't remember if it was in Aperture priority or P Mode, I ended up in P Mode because if you shoot this camera in Aperture Priority the aperture keeps changing because the rotating wheel that changes the aperture is right where your thumb rests on the camera so you think you are wide open then review the image and see its been shot at f7.1 or f10.

I also used it for a while in Raw + Jpeg... my god it was like going back to 1995 it takes between 12 - 15 seconds to write the files to a class 6 card.

So here it the last picture from me and my F550 the crops below are from the top left and top right click original for the full size files.

Paul.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow