Dennis
Forum ProPosts: 14,107
Like?
Re: Depends...
In reply to jazzroy1972, Apr 20, 2011

jazzroy1972 wrote:

that's true..

but specs could be killer:

• 24 Mpixels sensor capable of 812000 ISO !

• EVF

• Manual controls

• Improved video? (if they find a solution for moirè it could be way better than the VG10 and cost less!)

Those are not killer specs. They can max the ISO wherever they want, but it's only going to be so good. EVF & manual controls you get on the $750 SLTs. So what could Sony do in a NEX to justify a $1200 (for the body) price ?

My guess would be that the sensor is designed for faster readout, allowing for faster CDAF. (I'd never pay that for a camera with NEX-5 AF speed). I doubt we're going to see an electronic shutter yet, but that would help justify the price tag.

I also agree w/others that such an expensive body in absence of good lenses isn't going to be much of a seller. The rumored CZ24 is a good start, but the other 2011 lenses are rumored to be a 55-200 zoom and a 50/1.8. Sure, plenty of people use NEX w/legacy lenses, but I don't think you're looking at the kind of volumes Sony sees w/consumer sales of the 3 & 5. But then again, this is SAR, which ought to be renamed "Sony Idle Speculation"

• Dennis

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow