Started Apr 16, 2011 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,919Gear list
Like?
Re: Oly portrait/macro soon...?
In reply to Mk7, Apr 20, 2011

Mk7 wrote:

Anders W wrote:

I am waiting for the upcoming announcement to see whether I will go with the G3 or the GH2 and precisely what in the way of modern lenses I will get.

Same here, in the market for a new cam before my vacation (September). Would like something a little smaller (and cheaper) than GH2. Had given up on Olympus for this time frame, perhaps prematurely. Certainly a G3, announced in May, will be in my hands by August? If not, I will not complain. Recovery from earthquake is more important that my new cam.

Yes, we certainly see eye to eye on this. I'd like to get mine before the summer though, so it remains to be seen whether I'll at all have a chance to get a G3 in time, even if it turns out that this would be the best bet. Nevertheless, I figure it might be a good idea to wait for the announcement to get an idea of what's cooking before taking action. Hopefully, they'll say something about lenses too.

Just ordered an old "portrait" lens. But if the rumored Olympus 50mm materializes in June "for certain", according to sources), the legacy lens might see limited duty.

Same here. But since the legacy 50s cost peanuts, I took the risk of getting one even if the Olympus 50 might well be around the corner and might well turn out to be a tempting alternative. Another thing I am eagerly waiting for is further news about the faster standard zoom (12-50/2.5-3.3 or so) rumoured to be around the corner. Unless it becomes very heavy/bulky and/or very expensive, I think that's what I'd like to have.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow