HX100V - Best Buy

Started Apr 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,942
Like?
Best Buy Warranties
In reply to Bill Borne, Apr 19, 2011

Bill Borne wrote:

Dose not list it in supplied parts. Has been questiond but no answer. Anybody have experience with best buy extended warranty?
--

Best Buy's in-house extended warranty is expensive and you have no choice of repair shops-----they send it to their own facility or one contracted by them. I doubt they would be very quick about returning it. I bought one four years ago, but haven't had need to use it. It expires in two months. I like to be able to take a unit to a local shop if possible. Then I can ride herd on them if they aren't prompt or don't do the job right. I also like five-year warranties and they currently offer only three years.

Despite being the type of giant chain-store company I generally don't like, they've never given me any grief. They took back three faulty H5 cameras I had, without dispute and gave me a full refund after the last one failed. I also took back an H9, just on the complaint I had of it suffering from too much compression and high noise-reduction and gave me a full refund. You might say this company gives you the advantage of shopping locally, but with the pricing and selection usually offered only by online dealers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow