Started Apr 19, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,690Gear list
Like?
Canon 50 1.4
Apr 19, 2011

I know there are a lot of threads on this lens. I did some searches but did not get the real asnswers I was looking for. I am starting to shoot more events and did another one last week - a beneift concert for charity. I may a have a few weddings comming up. I like my 24-105 but when I compare it to the shots from my 70-200 f4 S. I'm not going to sell the 24-105 as it is just too nice of a walkaround. My 24-105 has become decentered so it will be going off to Canon.

I spent the afternoon at my local photo store taking about lenses. I have put the 35 f1.4 on my list but it is going to be a while before I can fund it. Gotta bring in some serious cash for that. Still not ready to charge pro wedding rates. They told me to consider the 50 f1.4

I read the reviews and user ratings and that lens is sure can be a mixed bag of nuts. They say the outsides don't really sharpen up until f4 and I have read that it can be finicky focusing. I tried one on a 5D2 at the store and it seemed to focus OK. I'm taking LR lessons there tonight so I'm going to bring my 5D2 and a card.

So I guess I'm asking all you 50 1.4 users your opinions about the 50 1.4. How do you find it at event and important shoots? Am I going to be plaesed with the IQ. If you are pro is it a wedding worthy lens. A tough one answer I guess as a pro as you would get the lens you need.

Thanks in advance.

Zee Char's gear list:Zee Char's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow