Started Apr 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
2005magnum
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,473
Like?
Confession of a cameraholic
Apr 18, 2011

Last night my wife was watching CSI Miami. All the CSI shows seem to include Nikon cameras. However, for the very first time I saw a D3 (not sure which variation). The woman holding the Nikon was a very beautiful brunette, but I could not take my eyes off the camera. I cannot talk to my wife about photography and cameras. She likes photos but doesn't get the passion.

The only pro level Nikon that fits into my retired budget would be a D2X. I know that from a tech and image stand point, it just does not make sense, but I just crave that big old body. I have a D7000 and love the camera and IQ, but something compels me to buy that big old camera rather then continue to save my shekels for the future release of the D400.

I could go on for hours about my inner most feelings and conflicts over this issue but I have a Scottish Terrier and a Cairn Terrier begging me for their morning walk so I will sign off for now with a request for analysis of my psyche and recommendations from those of you who feel my pain.

Thanks
--
http://digitalphotonut.zenfolio.com/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow