I dropped my friend's camera...feel sooooo bad! Any suggestions?

Started Apr 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
singhman
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
I dropped my friend's camera...feel sooooo bad! Any suggestions?
Apr 18, 2011

I accidentally dropped my friends canon s95 (black) on the pavement (it actually flew out of my hands, and even slid a few feet after hitting the ground). The camera still works, but it suffered some cosmetic damage around the circular lens housing area. (camera was off when it fell). The damage is not scratches, its more like "dings", where the paint came off, exposing silver metal underneath. The dings sort of have sharp edges if i look closely. Actually...a better word to describe it would be "chips"

My question: should i attempt to touch up the paint on it? Is there any professional that could probably do this for me? (vancouver area). My friend is saying its ok, but i feel soooo guilty, because I know she loves her new camera, and she always takes very good care of her electronics. (i'm usually very careful, but it was a sort of a weird fluke how it fell...my fault though).

Any other suggestions about how to rectify this situation? I tried to look for a custom silicone skin for the camera as a 'sorry gift', but couldn't find one anywhere. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EasyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow