Yamaha advert ?? (A100)

Started Apr 17, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Digitalize
Regular MemberPosts: 195Gear list
Like?
Re: Yamaha advert ?? (A100)
In reply to vaughanB, Apr 17, 2011

Thanks for the info. I had a Yamaha 500 Enduro around 1978 or so. It was a single cylinder street trail bike, and I loved it. That bike was totaled when a car pulled in front of me in a 55 zone. I flew out into a field.

Have fun on your cool looking ride.

Dennis

vaughanB wrote:

Digitalize wrote:

nice picture! What model is that motorcycle? It looks really interesting. Looks fun to drive. Neat that the shock absorber is in the side of the motor.>

Its a Yamaha MT-03 660cc water cooled single (same motor as the Tenere but in a roadster frame), its a unique kind of bike, it has a weight forward, wide handlebar, upright kind of riding position and really superb handling on small twisty roads (which is why I bought it), its a sort of cafe racer/super moto/ trials cross, they make another with a 1.7 litre engine (MT-01) but I dont quite get the point of that one, its about twice the weight and completely unfaired so you cant use the top end without getting blown off

I have had loads of bikes, but this one is my all time fave, its very punchy and torquey in the mid range, its light, its cheap to run, it handles like a dream and it looks great, and yes I agree, that side mounted (adjustable) shocker is really neat, the rear swing arm is beautifully made from a single alloy section and the rear suspension set up works just great

Digitalize's gear list:Digitalize's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow