Prices...What The...???

Started Apr 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
nkarasev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,499
Like?
Re: Devil's Advocate
In reply to moimoi, Apr 16, 2011

moimoi wrote:

To me it is all about an item really cost. When it becomes for some reasons more and more overpriced, at one point, there is a large discontinuity in the sales

Never say never...

There is NEVER such thing as true cost of an item. You can get cheap 35mm and make a single shot with it and sell it for more than the lens is worth. Or you can buy 24-70 (70-200, 14-24 or whatever), make hundreds good shots with it but never sell a single one. What is the true price for a lens in this case? Just for your enjoyment? If so, then you are either OK with the current price or you are not.

To me a lens is worth any penny spent for it when you need it (enjoyment of for profit shot) because if you don't have the lens - you simply miss the opportunity. Of course, I wouldn't buy the 35mm for $1,000 just to have it when I need it, but we are talking about mostly 50% increase in price at times the lens is scarcely available due to hard times in Japan. This hardly justifies any complaint.

Nik

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow