Traveling to Dublin this weekend

Started Apr 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
SHBSting
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: Traveling to Dublin this weekend
In reply to vin 13, Apr 16, 2011

I posted this as a message last week. Not sure if you read it.

I live 10k South of Dublin City Centre. Not sure when you are traveling or staying.

A few thoughts.

1. Pick Themes. Example....Pub Fronts. Georgian Doors. Bicycles. Street Entertainers on Grafton Street, Shop Fronts, etc..

2. Trinity College (very centre of Dublin). Go in and see the Book of Kells, then walk around the college, loads of athmosphere. Then walk up to Grafton Street. Go into Bewleys for a coffee. Walk over to the Powercourt Centre. Near lunch time...Davy Byrnes pub (off Grafton Street...Great irish stew and maybe a pint of Guinness).

3. Stephens Green ( city park) is at the top of Grafton Street. If the weather is nice stroll around the park. Plenty of street photography options. If it is raining...still stroll around...even better street photography.

4. Open Bus Tours of City Centre are great to give you a perspective and get a commentary.

5. Take the Dart from City Centre and get out at Dunlaoighre or go all the way to Greystones (small ish village / town )...just to get out of the city and see the sea.

6. Traveling by Car...Travel to Enniskerry and visit Powerscourt Gardens. On the way back ask directions for Johnny Foxes Pub.refreshments....highest pub in Ireland. This will give you a glimpse of the country.

7. Guinness Hop Store is worth 2 hours. Guinness history lesson plus inside of industrial 18th century Dublin.

8. Nightime. Classic are the Halfpenny Bridge (need a tripod), your favourite pub.

9. If you have a car, consider walking the Bull Wall. Look for directions or / and bring a GPS. Good at sunset as the sun sets behind Dublin. This is a quay, designed / built by Captain Blyth, which extends into the middle of Dublin Bay. Only a few miles from the city centre, but through industrial docks. A very popular walk.

If you have any queries or questions, send me a message. I will do my best to respond.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow