Started Apr 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
MrScorpio
Senior MemberPosts: 1,351Gear list
Like?
Easy!!
In reply to OvidiuS, Apr 16, 2011

Hi

To me its easy!

First I would say that when you know what youll be shooting. Go for a prime!! Once on primes youre hooked. Believe me! I firstly thought it was a stupid idea not to be able to zoom. But OMG how wrong I was. I still remember my first time as yesterday when I lost my..... I mean tried a prime. Really!!

Second. For a crop sensor that your camera has I would choose the awesome Canon 50 mm 1.4.

Excellent portable lens even wide open, despite what others might say. Ok, pixelpeeping corners wide open you can find a slight softness, but then again, who does that other than us tech nerds when comparing lenses at this forum? Portraits will look tack sharp and corners are out of focus and supposed to be heavily blurred anyway most of the time when taking portraits.

The 50/1.4 is also an excellent low light lens and to me it does wonders in low light no ISO can do (so far).

In my view you cant go wrong with that lens.

OvidiuS wrote:

Looking for a high quality lens for my 450D. For portraits (kids) mainly. Could cost up to 1.000-1.200 usd. Ideas?

-- hide signature --

5D mk2
Sigma 12-24 HSM EX
50 f/1,2L
85 f/1,2L
100 macro IS f/2,8L
24-105 IS f/4L
70-200 IS f/2,8L
70-300 IS f/4-5.6 L
Canon EF 2x II Extender
Canon EF 25 II Extension tube
Speedlite 580
MT-24EX
BG-E6

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcusaxlund/

MrScorpio's gear list:MrScorpio's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow