Prices...What The...???

Started Apr 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
moimoi
Senior MemberPosts: 3,027
Like?
Re: Devil's Advocate
In reply to Windancer, Apr 15, 2011

No offense taken. I think if it only concerns a few individuals not buying Nikon products, sure it won't affect them at all. On the other hand, if one large mass of people stops purchasing Nikon products, yes there will be some serious effects on Nikon. Of course such scenarios may appear unrealistic, but it happened before on different markets (housing markets for instance, for which price went down pretty badly).

To me it is all about an item really cost. When it becomes for some reasons more and more overpriced, at one point, there is a large discontinuity in the sales

Never say never...

Windancer wrote:

moimoi wrote:

Interesting! What if people are more and more reluctant to buy (or even stop buying) the units b/c their price was raised significantly.

It would be interesting but it would never happen. Some people (and I'm not saying it's wrong) will always pay the asking price because they need it for one reason or another.

I am just playing the devil's advocate here so please don't take offense to it, but with all due respect do you really think your not buying anything influences Nikon any? I rather doubt it.

Terry

-- hide signature --

Graham Fine Art Photography
http://www.pbase.com/windancer
http://gallery.reginaphotoclub.com/TGraham
See my profile for all my equipment.

Disclaimer: This e-mail is intended to impart a sense of humor. Given e-mail's inability to carry inflections, tone and facial expressions it may fail miserably in its intent. The sender acknowledges the limitations of the technology and assigns to the software in which this message was composed any ill feelings that may arise.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow