ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MellifluousBlues
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Best prime sub$300 for DX
Apr 15, 2011

Hello all,

I have gone round and round, over and under for the last month doing research trying to figure out what is going to be my best bet for a fast prime lens, sub $300 for DX. I have read and re-read at least three different reviews for 50mm 1.8, 50mm 1.4, 35mm 1.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4 to name a few; my head hurts...

My kit currently includes:
-D200
-N80 for film/backup
-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4 G
-Tamron 28-80mm f/3.5AF
-Sigma 50mm f/2.8 Macro

I want a "do it all prime" if you will...one that I can easily shoot indoors for my kids and pets...then go outside with and have fun playing with DOF in my composition. I'd almost go so far as to say I want a lens I can put on my D200 and leave it on for 85% of my photography, only taking it off for occasions when I want to shoot the macro, or when I need the 70-300mm for something I can't achieve with a rock solid prime.

I just recently shot a Nikon 50mm f/1.8 and liked it very much but am wondering what else there is out there. Basically looking for some direction toward the biggest bang for the buck...like everyone else. Thanks all.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow