Started Apr 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,343
Like?
Some D400 thoughts
Apr 15, 2011

Now that the D5100 is released some things are becoming obvious even for the D400. I am pretty sure it will have at least 16 megapixels, but probably more and it will definitely have at least as good high ISO capabilities as the D7000 and the D5100 has, but…

Will it have the range finder function? It is excellent for manual lenses, but left out from the D300s and also the D7000. I don’t know how Nikon was thinking, why it is not implemented in the D7000. I doubt there are so many N-AI lens users among the D5000/5100 users and the higher end bodies give better lens support otherwise, since even the metering works, so why leave out the range finder?

Will it have a swivel screen like the D5100 has? The sadly, the D7000 has a fixed screen, like the D300s, which I think is not good for video and live view use. One of my greatest issue with the live view implementation of D300s is that screen. I don’t know how the designers were thinking. Every video camera, even the cheapest, has a swivel screen and that is needed for any decent video work, not to mention proper use of live view.

The rest I just assume will be as good as or better than those two other models and the D300s combined. One thing is sure, if it has a swivel screen I will sign up as a buyer without any concerns.

What do you think?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GripNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow