Prices...What The...???

Started Apr 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
LX93
Senior MemberPosts: 1,118Gear list
Like?
Re: "M" for "minimum"
In reply to moimoi, Apr 15, 2011

Literally, "gouging" means to cut something out, as in a close-combat wartime situation where someone cuts out their opponent's eye.

In the case of "price gouging", it would mean to charge a ridiculous price because you know the other person needs something really bad.

For the record, I am with the crowd that feels the individual consumer is best to decide what is "fair", not a group of incompetent or corrupt govt. bureaucrats. If you think the price is not "fair", then sell your Nikon stuff (at "fair" prices") & buy Canon.

moimoi wrote:

Can you give us further details about this "Price gouging"? As I am not a native English speaker, I failed to understand the term gouging. Did you mean fluctuations? Are there any laws restricting possible abuses in price fluctuation?

LX93's gear list:LX93's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow