Prices...What The...???

Started Apr 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ponger
Junior MemberPosts: 27
Like?
Re: Prices...What The...???
In reply to moimoi, Apr 14, 2011

B&H photo listed the 70-200 at $2449 today (April 14, 2011). It's not in stock but that's their price. You HAVE to have the lens tody then you pay the premium
from whoever has it in stock at their price. Capitalism at it's finest

I'm not moved to tears.

moimoi wrote:

Hi to everyone,

I am not sure if you are following, but prices for Nikon lenses (specially pro glass) are becoming less and less reasonable. I am not sure whether it is due to a strong yen vs. weak American dollar or not, but buying 2995.00 USD for the 70-200 F/2.8 VR II is absolutely ridiculous.

I have been checking the prices for professional glass, and that's just nonsense. There has been at least a minimum of 200 USD increase for a 24-70mm f/2.8 for instance. Same thing happened with the D700, which is now overpriced on Amazon.

What are you opinions regarding this issue? I would be very much interested in your point of views. What are your expectations in a near future? Will you still keep buying pieces of equipment even though the price still increases?

Thanks,

Max

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow