Started Apr 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Macindows
Junior MemberPosts: 34
Like?
X100 - A bit of criticism
Apr 13, 2011

I received my X100 yesterday and it absolutely looks stunning! There are however, a couple of points which are a bit annoying to me. (This is purely subjective!)

Main criticism:

• Focus ring is too slow

• When taking a picture through the VF, it takes too long until I can see the image on the display

• Bracketing only available from ISO800 upwards

• Bracketing doesn't really work for me as the three exposures don't differ at all from each other.

• No inbuilt HDR feature (again, my opinion - I know some people out there would hate such a feature)

• Spot-AE doesn't work very well. Very often, the object is underexposed although it was focussed.

• Autofocus is not very precise, often takes a couple of times to focus properly

• Minimum distance of 60cm could be lower. Switching to macro mode, every time something is a bit too close can be annoying.

• Buttons are a bit fiddly (especially the D-pad and the ring)

• No Mini-USB or Micro-USB port

Of course these points don't necessarily have to ruin the camera for everybody, they do however dampen my initial enthusiasm about it.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow