Started Apr 13, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mark McCormick
Contributing MemberPosts: 774
Like?
GPS performance on F550EXR
Apr 13, 2011

I have had my F550 for about a week, and the camera has much trouble acquiring the GPS signal. Once it gets it, it's fine, but finding the signal is totally hit and miss. I'm talking about clear open outdoor locations not any tougher locations than that. In fact, in its two modes (i.e, "switch GPS on with power on", or "always on") it makes no difference at all. Best times to acquire signal take almost a minute, typical time is several minutes to never. So, I called Fuji USA tech support. The tech guy took an F550 to lunch to see what another one would do and then called me back. He reported from 1 to 5 minutes to acquire signal in several different locations. I told him that was much better performance than I was getting, but still pretty bad. Who wants to wait 5 minutes or more before beginning to take pictures? He had no other advice other than wait for next firmware update to see if it improves or else return it!

Anyone having better luck with their F550 GPS feature?

thanks,

-- hide signature --

Mark McCormick

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow