Stolen/Not Paid For Photos. 2 separate issues.

Started Apr 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ken taylor
Regular MemberPosts: 253
Like?
Stolen/Not Paid For Photos. 2 separate issues.
Apr 11, 2011

I know another licensing question but I've got to different situations I'm dealing with and could use help on.

1. Photographed interiors for a client, delivered the photos. Said he was hoping for another angle or two I didn't catch, I said if he arranged it (I didn't have contact info) I would return for a small fee and catch those. The reasons they wern't captured is because the house simply required a lot of cleaning on my part and those angles showed the caos. He said he would book the time.

four months later we decided he wasn't booking another time. so we invoiced him. He rights all angry saying he wasn't happy and offers us a third of the invoice amount as he doesn't want the photos- we decline. We said we will pick up the disk, and retain all rights to the photos.

He now refuses to remove the photos from his website. Says he isn't scared of copyrights, etc etc.

How would you handle him.??

2. A company has been using our photos in their website and ads without licensing. They approached our customers for photos and were supplied with them. Now our customers are never licensed to provide or sell photos to a third party .

They are a huge company with WAY larger legal resources then me.

I've contacted them about the issue, and providing a list of photos.

They've wrote back that they are surprized there is any issue as they were freely given them.

I hate to anger my existing customers, and hate be providing photos for free as this already has cost me work. They once asked me to quote on photos, and told me straight out I was to expensive,- only to find out I was expensive because they were getting my work for free already.

They've used the photos in packaging, website, and advertisements in newspapers and magazines.

Any Diplomatic, smart way of approaching this one??

-- hide signature --

http://www.VRPhotos.com
http://www.TourCalgary.com
Virtual Tours and Interior Photography
in Calgary Alberta Canada.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow