Started Apr 11, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
willoneal
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
waterproof point & shoot with GPS?
Apr 11, 2011

I'm traveling to the islands in 3 weeks and I want a new waterproof point and shoot to take with me. I'd love for it to include GPS, because for part of the time I'll be on a sailboat and we'll be going where the wind takes us. I'd love for the camera to be waterproof to 30+ feet because I can hit that free diving on a regular basis.

I've seen the Olympus Stylus Tough 8010 (no GPS) and the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 (has GPS) (both good to 30+ feet), the Canon PowerShot D10 (too old, but otherwise good to 30'?), and the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-TX10 (I have this thing against Sony, but it does use SD cards which makes me want to kind of consider it, but I don't really like the touch screen controls).

I haven't yet seen the Pentax Optio WG-1 or the Fujifilm FinePix XP30.

So the question - I'm leaning towards the Lumix, but it's the most expensive one, but I've not even close to making a final decision.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Pros/Cons? I know there are a lot of cameras in this category, but I'm really just fishing for comments.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow