Started Apr 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MarioV
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,796Gear list
Like?
How often do YOU use your camera?
Apr 10, 2011

I have cameras of the pocket-sized point and shoot variety and some that are bulky, eg. dSLR.

I'm only a casual photographer and find that if the camera is bulky then I will not use it as often as it becomes in inconvenience to lug around.

The pocketable ones are the ones that I can take with me at any time and use as required. Then put it back in the pocket and forget about it.

It seems that the best camera is the one that you will use most often and enjoy using.
So a quality pocket-sized point and shoot would seem to be the way to go.

I use to think that a dSLR is for when you set aside a day for a photoshoot, whether it be at an event, or a zoo, or a botanical garden..
But I just find those days becoming less and less.

I find some of the best photos are the impromptu ones taken by a pocket camera, sure, at the expense of some image quality, but a half-decent photo is better than none.

Is anyone else in the same boat or have I just become too lazy?

MarioV's gear list:MarioV's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D5200 Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow