***Challenge #120 SUPER WIDE 8-18MM*** Results!!!!!

Started Apr 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RomanJohnston
Forum ProPosts: 18,492Gear list
Like?
***Challenge #120 SUPER WIDE 8-18MM*** Results!!!!!
Apr 9, 2011

Wow...what an awesome competition. My hat is of to EVERYONE. This was a really great effort on everyones part. Thanks so much for all the awesome entries. It made my job VERY tough.

Lets just move on to the results, shall we?

Honorable Mention: I had to not let this one slide by even though I chose my top 10.
harri manni - On The Rocks

10th Place: As an x-navy aviation mechanic, this one is near and dear to my heart.
Slutskaya - Impatient Virgin

9th Place:
Melolaur - San Diego Blue Hour

I love the almost chrome like reflection of the sunset in the buildings. Well done!

8th Place
Symmetry and a wonderful B&W conversion stick out to me in this well seen shot.
petermoons - Guillemins 14

7th Place

Aptly named, this is a great peaceful landscape and the contrast of the blues and earth tones in the rocks work in great harmony.
Nikkorforever – Tranquility

6th Place

I love this moment in time. The human element, and a full understanding of the environment. Nice mood captures here.
ianbramham - Blackpool Beach - The Roller Coaster

5th Place

Great B&W shot, nice day, memorable view, and solid composition. I like this slice of a beautiful day in Paris.
rhlpetrus - Take That Picture

4th Place
Clinical, clean, symmetrical and darned near monochromatic. Nice work
sumerland - Yet Another Shot From Guillemins

3rd Place

As always Dez Delivers. This is an awesome shot, and a memorable cityscape. I am sure the smoothness of the water is unusual sight to capture.
Dez - Tribute in Lights

2nd Place
I want to be there, relaxed soaking in the peace. Need I say more?
Mofongo - Sitting on the Dock of the Bay

And the Grand Prize Goes To!!!!:

This has some awesome elements in it. From the ghosting of the water with a long exposure, to the expansive stretches all looking like a mini waterfall, to the human element way off in the distance giving this shot scale. Throw in the interesting afternoon light and we have a winner.
IlanS - Godzillas Footprint

I now hand the baton to IlanS. Well done my friend. Good luck with the next competition.

Roman

-- hide signature --

“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”
~ Ernst Haas

We are officially live!!!!
http://www.commercialfineart.com/
Old Web Site
http://www.pbase.com/romansphotos/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow