ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Iceman1973
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Sigma 28-105mm 1:2.8-4 Zoom Lens Minolta Fitting 72mm
Apr 7, 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to this forum, and to photography, so if I post this in the wrong place, then I apologise in advance.
I have recently sold my canon 550d, and moved to Sony A580.

Main reason: could not progress with photography as canon lenses were too expensive (even 2nd hand ones), so thought Sony was the way forward, and I can buy Minolta / sigma used lenses for cheap, and progress. Bought the camera last Friday, and a used minolta 75-300 f4-f5.6 the same day. Was at Greenwich Park on Sunday testing the camera out, and it's absolutely brilliant. Took about 300 + pics, out of which 280 were perfect (for me) rest were a bit out of focus.
Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dfotografi/sets/72157626428586202/

Monday, I bought a Sigma 28-105mm 1:2.8-4 Zoom Lens Minolta Fitting 72mm for £50. Went personally to check the lens, attach to camera, try for a minute, then bought. Now this lens is giving me some problems which I cannot work out why. When in normal light, it takes pictures fine. But low light pics are very underexposed.

I normally use my a580 in P mode, and the iso is at auto. When I tried taking a pic indoors early morning today, in Auto mode, the camera selected an iso between 100-250, with flash raised / on. This is about 4-5 pics. Could not work my head around it.

While the 75-300 minolta was fine, iso cranked up to 1600-3200 in Auto mode, no flash. With flash: 400-800, average 5 pics.

I need to know whether this lens needs to be sent to sigma, or should i just forget about it. It's a decent lens, but only when it works....

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you
IM

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow