Started Apr 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sethboy
Regular MemberPosts: 153
Like?
Tripod / shooting vertically
Apr 7, 2011

I'm looking for some information about using my tripod while shooting vertically. I don't really trust the ball-head and quick-release I have (it's a Manfrotto, but I just don't trust any ballhead 100% in general) to be sturdy and secure enough to have the camera hanging sideways.

Unless I am missing something obvious or being very dense using my tripod, if I want to shoot vertically, I have to tilt the ballhead 90 degrees sideways, no?

I'm wondering if there is some kind of gear (similar to the function of "flash brackets" that swivel to hold the flash above the camera no matter which orientation. Is there something similar for tripods, where I would mount the (ballhead/QR plate) to the bottom of said apparatus, mount camera to apparatus, and that would thus keep the camera supported on top of the tripod, not with the ballhead sideways and the camera hanging off for a more stable shooting platform??

Does that make any sense?
Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow