ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RustyRus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,450
Like?
How Long is to long to get paid.....
Apr 7, 2011

So....

Long story short. I did a wedding and was asked by the establishment the wedding was at for some pictures.....

There was an exchange of services and and everyone was happy. Then they wanted to expand the use of the photos and use them as there own. I said great. It will cost X....

There was also discussion about future work for various things they needed done and it was a good relationship. I invoiced them and reedited the pictures and sent them what they needed. They asked for a quick turnaround and I was fine with that.

I had to send the pics before payment.....No big deal due to the prior relationship.

Its been a month and I waited two weeks....sent an email and asked about payment. "The invoice was sent to the accountant"

3 weeks....same thing and talked of more work....

4 weeks no response yet my pics are being used. To me this is completely unacceptable and much to long to wait for payment. I am going down for a face to face tomorrow. A month to me is an outrageous amount of time for a non conglomerate type (they are small business) to get a check cut and sent through local mail....

Have any of you had similar situations? How have you handled similar situations without ruining the relationship but demanding payment be made on spot?

Thanks

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow