How to shoot handheld video with an E-5?

Started Apr 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Adjuster
Contributing MemberPosts: 897Gear list
Like?
How to shoot handheld video with an E-5?
Apr 6, 2011

I want to use my E-5 to make a video from an airplane to photo buildings. I am happy with the resolution of the E-5, but the stability of camera when hand held leaves a lot to be desired. It works well on a tripod, but that is out of the question in a small Cessna 172 aircraft. Barely have room for the E-5.

My tests with my old Canon Optura 50 camcorder seems to have better stability control when panning (to simulate the motion in a plane). I also tested a new Sony 160 camcorder that sells for $500. Again, better results, but it costs $500.

My problem is that I don't want to produce a jittery image that will make viewers seasick. Does anyone know way to improve the stabilization on the E-5 that will work in a confined space and not cost a lot of money?

Adjuster's gear list:Adjuster's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow