Started Apr 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sergiusbr
Regular MemberPosts: 458Gear list
Like?
NX10 does Infra Red and It is fun!
Apr 6, 2011

Bought an IR72 filter and today I was experimenting with my first infrared pictures.

Take my NX10 and 18-55mm, tripod and the canon remote release and went out after lunch for capturing some IR images. Sun was bright and hot (34ÂșC) - perfect day for IRs.

This is a kind of photography for those that like pp. It is necessary do auto tone, do swapp red and blue channels, hue adjustments and some NR (not much). I am still learning the first steps in IR photography and pp...but that is fun...Results are unreal but I like some images I got...

NX10 seems very sensitive to IR (about twice than my A100, A700 and A550 but need more test shooting the same scene). In the Alphas the LCD was completely black but the NX10 shows something of the scene.

The samsung kit lens (18-55mm) shows no (noticiable) center hotspot or magenta vigneting. Very sharp and AF worked fine! Most in M mode.
I will post some original jpg latter (without pp).

Here some images I wish to share,
Any advices and tips are welcome,
Feel free to add some IR you took with the NX10.
Thanks!

-- hide signature --
 Sergiusbr's gear list:Sergiusbr's gear list
Samsung TL500 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 +32 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow