ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tkrynsky
Regular MemberPosts: 104
Like?
Just got the T3i in the mail - My thoughts on T1i vs T3i
Apr 5, 2011

Hey folks,

Just got my T3i in the mail and took a few quick shots. I have to say I'm extremely pleased with the IQ over my old T1i.

I started out with the XS, which was an awesome camera with excellent IQ. But I moved to the T1i to get video as well. I didn't much care for the IQ that came out of the T1i. After many forum posts and comparison pics it the consensus was

"the T1i has a lot more megapixels on the sensor, quit pixel peeping between the two and you'll be fine" or "you need better glass" And I've lived with it. I'm not saying I coudln't get good shots with the T1i, but I had to WORK at it, a lot harder then the old XS.

In the first 5 minutes with the new T3i I knew this was a major IQ upgrade. Fine details like hairs, small patterns, like a speaker grill are in focus with no loss of detail even when pixel peeping...not just in the center but even at the edges (assuming the same DOF) All while using the the default "scene intelligent auto"

To get this with the T1i I had to set the sharpness overide to full in the menu, get myself into manual, tweak some settings, maybe put on the fixed 50mm and eventually I'd get there.

I've seen plenty of people talking about what a worthless upgrade the T2i-T31 is, I can't speak to that...but going from a T1i - T3i....well it's early but at this point I highly recommend the upgrade.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow