70-300L or 100-400L?

Started Apr 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
imsabbel
Regular MemberPosts: 137
Like?
Re: 70-300L or 100-400L?
In reply to paul10r, Apr 4, 2011

Well, I am not a professional. And I am not rich either, but I got used to using good tools...

I realized with the Sigma that I often could not get even its rather basic sharpness at 500mm handheld, so I think the better IS of the 70-300 might be worth more than another 100mm at the long end.

I also took a look at the 70-200/2.8 II (it would be just insight the affordable range), but I Think it would be too big and heavy, no matter how great it is.

paul10r wrote:

You don't need a hypothetical extender. The Kenko extender I mentioned in an earlier post should give you sufficient results. If you are a professional, and are expecting no less than professional results than neither the 7-300L nor the 100-400L is probably the best lens, even though both are L lenses. Fixed aperture L lenses with more reach are out of my price range, and perhaps yours as well. Unfortunately, unless I hit the lottery (which I can't since I don't ever participate in it), almost everything is a compromise for me when it comes to phtographic equipment. I just have to make the best choice that available to me at the time and be satisfied with it. Cheers!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow