G12 review not confirming focus lock point when using MF button??

Started Apr 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
c.hammett
Forum ProPosts: 11,538Gear list
Like?
Re: Vipre77 - a big THANK YOU !
In reply to Vipre77, Apr 4, 2011

Vipre77 wrote:

That is correct. AF lock simply locks the lens at the initial measured focal length. Your focal length combined with aperture and distance to the subject will define your depth of field. As long as your subject remains within this depth of field range, it should stay in focus when recomposing. On a point and shoot like the g12, this shouldn't be a big problem unless you're doing macro or other close-up work.

Thanks Vipre77, for confirming what I thought was right, (related to what you had explained earlier). Your explanations on the other reply put my mind on the right track, and I am now understanding what my brain couldn't seem to grasp. I think I can finally put this to rest and quit worrying why the focus lock wasn't showing on the subject. Inquiring minds eventually find someone with the answers , and this time it was you !

carolyn
--
Ranger a.k.a chammett
http://www.pbase.com/chammett

'elegance is simplicity'

c.hammett's gear list:c.hammett's gear list
Canon EOS 100D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NowNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow